- 6 strips of bacon
- 3 yellow plantains (you want them to be slightly brown, but not green)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Drain excess bacon fat, leaving behind about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Cut off the ends of the plantains and remove the peel. Thinly slice the plantain lengthwise into 3 slices. Repeat with other 2 plantains.
- Add plantain slices to bacon fat pan and cook about both sides for about 2-3 minutes until they are slightly browned. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add minced garlic clove, ground beef, onion and salt and pepper. Cook until meat has broken down and completely cooked through.
- Now for the stacking of the casserole, you can do this any way you’d like.
- Place 3 plantain slices on the bottom, then 2 slices of bacon on top, then a couple spoonfuls of the ground beef mixture. Repeat two more times on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Put in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop out and serve.