- 1 sweet potato or yam, poked with a fork
- 2 eggs, cooked to preference
For the pesto
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 1-1.5 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork. Wrap the sweet potato in foil and place in a crockpot for 8 hours on low and 4 hours on high. If you want to cook it faster, cook sweet potato in an oven at 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is done cooking, remove from foil to let cool to the touch before removing the skin. Then mash the sweet potato with a fork.
- For the pesto, place walnuts in the food processor along with basil leaves and garlic clove, and pulse until the leaves break down. Then slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is still running. Lastly, add lemon juice and a bit of salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Once the sweet potato is mashed and pesto is finished, mix 2-4 tablespoons of the pesto into the mashed sweet potato.
- To finish off the meal, cook up an egg however you like yours. I fried mine to over easy.
- Top egg on top of sweet potato pesto mash.