- butter, coconut oil or palm shortening, for the pan
- 1 (7 0z) package Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut* (Whole Foods usually stocks this too)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 5 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
Lightly grease an 8×8 oven-safe baking dish. Place the coconut butter in a large bowl and warm it in the microwave (or dunk the package/jar in warm water), to make it easier to stir everything together. Whisk until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk well to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake until the center is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
These are delicate little beauties; they’ll firm up if you pop them
in the fridge.
*Creamed coconut is just coconut butter.